Prairie Lands Biomass LLC
Prairie Lands Biomass, LLC is an organization with a current membership of close to 60 switchgrass growers and cooperating land owners. Prairie Landsí membership has elected a board of directors to oversee the activities of the organization.
Prairie Landsí members are working to accomplish the following:
- Identify and develop switchgrass products and markets for those products;
- Produce, harvest, and deliver switchgrass to satisfy demand for products;
- Evaluate environmental benefits of producing and using switchgrass;
- Inform and educate the public about the potential of switchgrass.
Prairie Lands is one of many private and public partners cooperating with the Chariton Valley RC&D on the Chariton Valley Biomass Project. Prairie Lands Biomass LLC will be the lead organization for planning and managing operations of the newly constructed switchgrass processing facility during a 2000 hour continuous test burn planned for Winter/Spring 2006 at Ottumwa Generating Station in Chillicothe, IA. Prairie Lands will also be coordinating and implementing a plan to deliver switchgrass to the power plant throughout the test burn.
Benefits of membership are:
- Technical assistance with the establishment and management of switchgrass;
- Current information on product developments;
- Opportunities to participate in value-added markets;
- Regular updates about the Chariton Valley Biomass Project; and
- Opportunities to participate in demonstrations and research activities.
If you are interested in finding out more about Prairie Lands Biomass LLC or would like to become a member, please contact us at:
- Prairie Lands Biomass LLC
Stephen Gardner, President
21361 Power Plant Road
Ottumwa, IA 52501